Why are ventilation and flues so important?
To operate safely, all gas appliances need the following:
- an adequate supply of air to help the complete the combustion of gas, and
- the efficient operation of their flue to remove any combustion products, including carbon monoxide (CO), that are produced
Continue reading Carbon monoxide gas safety tips from your BHE experts
Nothing makes us smile more at BHE services than seeing the local community getting involved in various green schemes and projects, and we’re proud to sponsor the local schools’ Green Flag Award. Ince CE Primary School has recently been rewarded with its first Green Flag, recognising the hard work and efforts of staff and children in making the school more eco-aware.
Continue reading BHE proud supporters of local Eco School
We are delighted to announce that we now sponsor Astley and Tyldesley Under 13’s Girls Football Team.
The Astley and Tyldesley Under 13’s Girls started out in 2014 and play in the South Manchester Girls League. The team topped the B League in their first season and also won the League Cup.
Continue reading Astley and Tyldesley Under 13’s Girls Football Team
In 2007, a 65-year old woman died after she lit a log fire whilst heating up water in the boiler. These two activities then made the equipment explode. The investigation shows that the iron boiler behind her fireplace was not properly decommissioned.
After the explosion occurred, the Severn Vale Housing Society Ltd was fined £50,000 and was ordered to pay costs of £7,500. This was successfully prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive.
Continue reading Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Landlord’s
The handling of your gas appliances is a serious business that requires Gas Safe registered engineers. Two years ago, a gas fitter had burnt an electrical cable while soldering a gas pipe with a blowtorch. The gas fitter repaired it by taping it up. Three weeks later, the boiler exploded and left the 66-year old homeowner in Crumpsall in a coma for three months and the victim suffered 66 per cent burns caused by the explosion.
Continue reading Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Tenant’s
It’s always great to receive good feedback, but we were really chuffed to get this unsolicited endorsement from Mike Beaver….
Continue reading Happy customers are what keeps us going…
Are you being overcharged?
Watchdog shame six of the biggest energy firms for overcharging their customers
In this article we take a look at what the latest energy report from Watchdog means for the general UK population.
Continue reading Energy Bills – Are you being overcharged
The Gas Safe Register has released a new video highlighting the dangers of poorly looked after gas appliances and the dangers of Carbon Monoxide.
See the video here.
We are featured in the Bolton News as winners of the Family Business Of The Year in the Bolton & Bury Business Awards 2014.
See here for our coverage.
We are delighted to announce that we won the ‘Family Business Of The Year’ category at the Bolton & Bury Business Awards on Thursday, 11th September 2014.
We believe this is down to our dedicated employees – our 50+ engineers and customer services team – many of whom have been with the company for over 10 years.
Some have even been with us since our beginning in 1971!
This plays a big part in how we’ve created a ‘family business’ to serve our customers in Bolton, Bury, Wigan and surrounding areas.
Here’s to our future!