In 2007, a 65-year old woman died after she lit a log fire whilst heating up water in the boiler. These two activities then made the equipment explode. The investigation shows that the iron boiler behind her fireplace was not properly decommissioned.
After the explosion occurred, the Severn Vale Housing Society Ltd was fined £50,000 and was ordered to pay costs of £7,500. This was successfully prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive.
Continue reading Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Landlord’s
The handling of your gas appliances is a serious business that requires Gas Safe registered engineers. Two years ago, a gas fitter had burnt an electrical cable while soldering a gas pipe with a blowtorch. The gas fitter repaired it by taping it up. Three weeks later, the boiler exploded and left the 66-year old homeowner in Crumpsall in a coma for three months and the victim suffered 66 per cent burns caused by the explosion.
Continue reading Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Tenant’s
It’s always great to receive good feedback, but we were really chuffed to get this unsolicited endorsement from Mike Beaver….
Continue reading Happy customers are what keeps us going…
Are you being overcharged?
Watchdog shame six of the biggest energy firms for overcharging their customers
In this article we take a look at what the latest energy report from Watchdog means for the general UK population.
Continue reading Energy Bills – Are you being overcharged
The Gas Safe Register has released a new video highlighting the dangers of poorly looked after gas appliances and the dangers of Carbon Monoxide.
See the video here.
We are featured in the Bolton News as winners of the Family Business Of The Year in the Bolton & Bury Business Awards 2014.
See here for our coverage.
We are delighted to announce that we won the ‘Family Business Of The Year’ category at the Bolton & Bury Business Awards on Thursday, 11th September 2014.
We believe this is down to our dedicated employees – our 50+ engineers and customer services team – many of whom have been with the company for over 10 years.
Some have even been with us since our beginning in 1971!
This plays a big part in how we’ve created a ‘family business’ to serve our customers in Bolton, Bury, Wigan and surrounding areas.
Here’s to our future!
Over 20 years ago, BHE Services (Bolton) Limited installed a boiler for a couple in Bolton.
Twenty years on, we have just installed a new, state-of-the-art, high efficiency boiler for the same couple in the same property!
Continue reading BHE still the best for local couple – after 20 years!
Households in Bolton can save thousands of pounds in gas and water charges by fitting a small – but revolutionary – valve to their hot water supply pipe.
The valve is being fitted locally by heating specialists BHE Services (Bolton) Limited and can save up to around £200 per year* compared to a typical combi-boiler or instantaneous water heater installation.
Continue reading Small valve means BIG savings for Bolton homes (Press Release)
No one likes to shave, shower or do the dishes with cold water, so you run the water until it gets warm, and as anyone with a combi boiler will know this can take a while.
But while you’re waiting, all that running water goes down the drain, wasting gas, water, and costing you money.
Continue reading Save BIG with a small valve