Households in Bolton can save thousands of pounds in gas and water charges by fitting a small – but revolutionary – valve to their hot water supply pipe.
The valve is being fitted locally by heating specialists BHE Services (Bolton) Limited and can save up to around £200 per year* compared to a typical combi-boiler or instantaneous water heater installation.
Continue reading Small valve means BIG savings for Bolton homes (Press Release)
No one likes to shave, shower or do the dishes with cold water, so you run the water until it gets warm, and as anyone with a combi boiler will know this can take a while.
But while you’re waiting, all that running water goes down the drain, wasting gas, water, and costing you money.
Continue reading Save BIG with a small valve
Here is a comment from Tom Kenyon at our client Wigan & Leigh Housing about heat pumps – an alternative way to heat your home:
“Here at Wigan & Leigh Housing we are constantly looking at ways to provide our tenants with new and innovative ways of helping reduce bills and to provide affordable heating.
Continue reading Heat Pumps – An Alternative Way To Heat Your Home
We are delighted to see that Gas Safe Register – the body that regulates the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances – has won an award for its campaign to cut the number of people dying through faulty gas appliances in their homes.
Gas Safe Register has won a Gold Award for the design of its Silent Killer campaign at The Design Business Association’s recent Design Effectiveness Awards.
Continue reading BHE plays its part in award-winning campaign to cut deaths from faulty gas appliances
A new ‘intelligent plug socket’ has been launched onto the market that helps those households that have solar panels to use their home-generated electricity when it’s free.
The new plug switches appliances on when the solar PV system has electricity to spare.
Continue reading How To Use Your Electricity When It’s Free
Charity’s Christmas Press Release:
Don’t let a carbon monoxide tragedy wreck your loved ones’ Christmas
Many families will sit down after their Christmas dinner and fall asleep by the fireside.
Continue reading Don’t Let Carbon Monoxide Wreck Your Loved Ones’ Christmas
Press release with photograph (Bolton media)
BHE spreads Christmas cheer with selection boxes
Local gas and renewable energy company BHE Services (Bolton) Limited is donating hundreds of presents to tenants of a housing group this Christmas.
Continue reading BHE spreads Christmas cheer with selection boxes
- Have your boiler serviced once every year.
- Make sure all your pipes and tanks are insulated.
- Close doors and keep them closed where possible. Staying in one room as much as possible will help to conserve heat and minimise chilly draughts.
- Stop draughts. Save money and stay warm by stopping draughts in their tracks with curtains and draught excluders. Take a look at our advice on how to save energy this winter for more information.
- Turn down the heat. Turn down radiators in rooms which are only used occasionally.
- Help heat to circulate. Move furniture (including radiator covers) away from your radiators and heaters to allow heat to circulate.
- Bleed your radiators. This releases any trapped air, allowing hot water to fill every part of your radiator and warm your home more efficiently.
- One of the most common reasons for a condensing boiler breaking down in winter is that “condensate pipes” – the pipes that carry away condensation – which run outside the house can freeze and become blocked when temperatures drop. Preventing this is really simple though: all you need to do is insulate your pipes using a type of material called water proof lagging which you can pick up from most DIY stores.
- If you’ve had problems with your condensate pipe freezing before, you might want to relocate the pipe internally or have it replaced with a wider pipe. This is admittedly a bigger job than just insulating your pipe but should help prevent it from freezing or blocking again.
- If it’s below freezing and your condensing boiler isn’t working, or is displaying an error message or flashing light, your condensate pipe will have probably frozen over, meaning you’ll need to thaw it out. The best way to do this is to put a hot water bottle on the pipe, or pour hot water over it, give it a blow with a hair dryer or wrap a towel soaked in warm water around it and then reset your boiler.
Hope these help you to keep your house warm this winter.
BHE contracts administrator Rachael Robinson has always taken the issue of reducing her energy consumption seriously.
For, Rachael, 32, has had her loft and cavity walls at her house in Harwood insulated. She’s also had double glazing installed, and as one would expect, working for BHE, she’s got a pretty highly efficient central heating boiler too!
Continue reading No More Condensation!
Local gas services company, BHE Services (Bolton) Limited, has been commissioned to carry out a major boiler and central heating replacement scheme in Wigan and Leigh.
BHE Services (Bolton) Limited, based at Wilkinson House, on Radcliffe Road, Bolton, has been selected to carry out boiler changeovers, conversions and full heating upgrades for over 160 private sector properties in both towns.
Continue reading Press Release: BHE chosen for major boiler replacement scheme