BHE is proud to support the 8th Gas Safety Week!

BHE was one of the first businesses to join the Gas Safe Register, and we maintain our commitment to gas safety across everything we do.

Our gas engineers are all fully trained and accredited, and the whole team works to our BHE ethos that ‘Gas safety is our priority’.

Continue reading BHE is proud to support the 8th Gas Safety Week!

Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Landlord’s

Webbanner-120x600

In 2007, a 65-year old woman died after she lit a log fire whilst heating up water in the boiler. These two activities then made the equipment explode. The investigation shows that the iron boiler behind her fireplace was not properly decommissioned.

 

After the explosion occurred, the Severn Vale Housing Society Ltd was fined £50,000 and was ordered to pay costs of £7,500. This was successfully prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive.

Continue reading Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Landlord’s

Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Tenant’s

Webbanner-300x250 

The handling of your gas appliances is a serious business that requires Gas Safe registered engineers.  Two years ago, a gas fitter had burnt an electrical cable while soldering a gas pipe with a blowtorch. The gas fitter repaired it by taping it up. Three weeks later, the boiler exploded and left the 66-year old homeowner in Crumpsall in a coma for three months and the victim suffered 66 per cent burns caused by the explosion.

Continue reading Fighting for a Gas Safe Nation – Tenant’s